September 1, 2014
Issued in both English and French by the Green Party, Electoral District #16 Memramcook-Tantramar'
Distribué en anglais et en français par les Verts de Memramcook-Tantramar - La version française
Only three weeks until September 22nd. Election day!
Please consider voting in the advance polls:
Saturday, September 13 + Monday, September 15
10am to 8pm
... so that you will be free to help on election day
Watch for the September 3rd release of the Full Green Party Platform
On Friday September 5th, David Coon, Provincial Green Party leader, will be visiting Sackville. A Green BBQ 4:00 to 7:00 pm outside the Green Office will provide a splendid opportunity for you to meet David Coon, to speak with David and Megan about their vision for a Green New Brunswick, and to share your concerns. Enjoy delicious BBQ plus a cornucopia of fresh local greens in a relaxed, convivial environment. Bring family (we love children!) and friends.
Three Debates. Support Megan Mitton as she represents the Green Party in debates with other candidates. It will be immensely empowering to Megan to look out in the audience and see many enthusiastic supporters and friends.
1) Memramcook Debate – September 8th – 7:00 pm at Monument Lefebvre
2) Tantramar Alliance Against Hydro-Fracking Debate –September 10th – 7:00 pm at the Tantramar Veterans Memorial Civic Centre
3) Mount Allison University Debate -- September 14th – 7:00 pm at Brunton Auditorium, Marjorie Young Bell Conservatory of Music next to the Swan Pond
Megan continues to be at the Sackville Farmers' Market for an hour or two each Saturday morning to chat with anyone who wants to talk.
Open Hours at the Green Party Office, 69 Main Street, Sackville
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons: 1- 4 pm
- Monday and Tuesday nights: 6:30-8 pm
We thank all of you who are presently volunteering and warmly welcome new volunteers. What can you do to help? Here are a few ideas:
- Work in the Green Office.
- Distribute fliers and canvas with Megan.
- Help make and deliver Green signs.
- Invite your family and friends to join you at upcoming events including the Green BBQ and the debates. At the Sackville Farmers' Market introduce friends to Megan.
- Facebook users: Post important dates and events on your personal page. Take pictures at events like the Green BBQ and the debates, and post them on your page. Read Megan's Facebook page often, and “Like” all of Megan's posts.
- Engage others in conversation about the upcoming election and let them know why you are voting Green.
- Stay up-to-date on details re the local and provincial campaigns by regularly reading both Megan's Green Party Website and the provincial Green Party Website.
- Donate to Megan's campaign on her website -- click DONATE – (make sure you indicate that your donation is for Memramcook-Tantramar) or drop off a donation at the office.
- Vote MEGAN MITTON!
A “verdant” thank-you to a few of our present volunteers:
- Co-Campaign Managers – Chris Harborne and Heather Patterson
- Official Agent – Andrew Grant
- Fundraising Chair – Michael Fox
- Publicity Committee Co-chairs – Susan Dales and Virgil Hammock
- Newsletter – Janet Hammock; current translator Maria Wilson
- Translator newsletter (former) and ads: Bernard Soubry
- Press – Donna Mclellan
- Website and Twitter – Joni Fleck-Andrews
- Signs Committee Chair – Bill Geier
BIG Green Posters: now up in strategic locations throughout the entire riding.
Green Party Lawn Signs: can be picked up at the office – the fastest way to get one --or e-mail email@example.com with your name and address and one will be delivered to you.
New Green Buttons: many different buttons available in the office. Please take one of each for yourself, and pocket a few to give to your friends.
Megan's Facebook page:
Megan's page on the Green Party of New Brunswick's website:
- Janet Hammock
Member of the Green Party of New Brunswick