Elect Megan Mitton of the Green Party of NB in the Memramcook-Tantramar region!
Megan Mitton, Sackville Town Councillor since 2016, is a nutrition consultant, with work experience in the non-profit sector, local food movement and issues of homelessness and poverty, especially with women and children. Ms. Mitton grew up in Sackville, NB, where she currently lives with her husband, Steve Geier, and their daughter.
- Transparency and accountability in our government so we know how our tax dollars are spent, that our money is not being wasted, and how and what kinds of decisions government is making that affect all of our lives.
- The return of our extra-mural services to public hands and a high-quality health care system where wait times in ER’s and hospitals are reduced.
- Ensuring seniors can live in comfort at home, supporting their well-being as long as possible through supports in the form of homecare, and for the expansion of the public nursing home system so our seniors have the supports they need when they need them, close to home.
- More resources and local decision-making in our education system so we can address mental health issues across all education levels and have supports and resources in place to allow teachers to focus on educating our youth in innovative and creative ways.
- A buy local strategy that will focus on what we can do here at home to encourage economic growth, give our rural communities the support they need to become and remain vibrant, and help our small and medium-sized businesses thrive so they can create jobs and strengthen our economy.